Organic Traditions Turmeric Powder 200g (Curcuma longa)
Organic Traditions Turmeric Powder is a rhizome that is part of the ginger family. Its Chinese name literally means yellow ginger. As one of natures most revered botanticals, it has been used for centuries as a food preservative, a colouring agent, a culinary flavour and as an important anti-inflammatory herbal remedy in Ayurvedic Medicine. It has also been used as a natural dye and as a popular cosmetic in India and Asia for healthy, glowing skin.
This tri-doshic balancing herb supports many systems of the body. According to the energetic principles of Ayurveda, turmeric is pungent, bitter and astringent in the Rasa taste energy. It is heating in action according to Virya and balancing for Vata, Pitta and Kapha constitutional doshas, with a tendency to increase Vata and Pitta. It is considered a wonderful daily herb to support general well-being, vitality and health.
What Are the Benefits of Organic Turmeric Powder?
- A gentle, rejuvenating and Strengthening Ayurvedic Tonic
- Pungent, bitter and astringent taste profile
- In Ayurvedic Medicine, turmeric has been used a natural remedy for healing wounds and skin disorders
- It has also been used to support joint, digestive, and respiratory health
- Turmeric has been shown to possess powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
Key Features of Organic Traditions Turmeric Powder:
- Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
- No added flavours, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilisers or excipients
- Use as a spice in cooking, add to a beverage or mix with an oil or cream and apply topically
Allergen Information: Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free.
Organic Traditions source the highest quality ingredients from around the world. They are committed to supporting farmers who are dedicated to the principles of sustainable agriculture and fair trade.