A Restorative, Strengthening Tonic – The Ultimate Adaptogen
Organic Traditions Ashwagandha Root Powder, also known as Indian Ginseng, is an adaptogenic herb. It is one of the most commonly used roots in traditional Ayurvedic Medicine for increased stamina and as a support to help the body adapt to physiological and psychological stresses. Ashwagandha powder is also traditionally used to promote a calm mind, and encourage restful sleep. Ashwagandha is extensively used in India as a daily tonic and home remedy.
Its Sanskrit name means that which imparts the strength of a horse, a name that suggests one of its traditional usages as a traditional Ayurvedic rejuvenative tonic for strength, energy and vitality. According to the energetic principles of Ayurveda, ashwagandha is bitter, astringent and sweet in the Rasa taste energy, heating in action according to Virya and balancing for Vata and Kapha constitutional doshas.
What Are the Benefits of Organic Ashwagandha Powder?
- An adaptogenic herb that is also referred to as Indian Ginseng
- Used as a rasayana in Ayurveda – a rejuvenative tonic for strength, energy and vitality
- Also traditionally used for memory and mood enhancement, and as a sleep aid
- It has a bitter, astringent and sweet taste profile
Key Features of Organic Traditions Ashwagandha Root Powder:
- Gentle, rejuvenating and strengthening Ayurvedic tonic
- A raw, 100% pure, organic ashwagandha root powder. Sustainably grown & harvested
- Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
- No added flavours, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilisers or excipients.
Allergen Information: Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free.
Organic Traditions source the highest quality ingredients from around the world. They are committed to supporting farmers who are dedicated to the principles of sustainable agriculture and fair trade.